Since it’s Mother’s Day, I thought I’d list the mums from the TV shows I’ve been watching lately.
* Frankie from The Middle – probably the most realistic mum on TV.
* Beverley from The Goldbergs – the biggest smother mother in the world with the fashion sense of Kath Day Knight.
— The Goldbergs (@TheGoldbergsABC) 4 May 2016
* Michonne from The Walking Dead – she lost her own child and is now pretty much Carl’s mum, which is just as well because his birth mum, Lori, totally deserved to die in the zombie apocalypse.
* Which leads us to Carol from the same show. Sure, she misplaced her zombie kid in a barn for a whole season but since then she’s been kick ass. Just hope you don’ ever hear her say “Look at the flowers” to you.
* Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones – the Mother of Dragons isn’t very good at keeping her unruly kids in line, though.
* And, of course, Cersei, who streamlined Christmas gift giving by ensuring her kids could combine presents for their dad and uncle into one.
* Better get an Aussie mum in there, so let’s say Rose from Please Like Me. Sure, it was odd at first seeing the old Pippa from Home and Away as Josh Thomas’s mentally ill mother, but it’s a great show. The episode where they went camping together was brilliant.
Which mums are in the shows you are watching?